Chemical peels are a great “reboot” for your skin. If they are done in the comfort of your home, they will obviously be a lot more mild, providing superficial peeling and gentle exfoliation. On the other hand, chemical peels done by estheticians at a clinic will have a lower pH, enabling them to penetrate deeper into your skin.
You’re going to get more out of a peel done by a professional. No doubt about it. Yes, some may agitate your skin more in terms of redness and peeling, but the results will be worth it.
There are many different types of chemical peels, but the overall goal of the stronger peels is to dissolve the top layers of your skin, creating a controlled wound. This then allows the skin to regenerate.
Need more incentive to get a chemical peel?
Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Improve your skin’s texture
- Give your skin a glow
- Enable your skin to hold more moisture
- Promote the production of collagen
- Increase your skin’s cell turnover rate
- Reduce fine lines and hyperpigmentation
- Make your skin softer, smoother, and more even-toned
- Unclog your pores and help with acne issues
- Make your skin look more dewy
- Improve minor scars
So what are you waiting for? If you are located in Surrey, BC, call us to book an appointment for a chemical peel today!